RE: [dvd-discuss] Must Copyright terms be uniform?

Yes but that's part of the financial bargain authors can make in a free
market. If the market isn't free fix it using Anti trust laws, RICO or
whatever. It's sad that Milne's daughter-in-law gets no money but SHE
didn't write Pooh, her father-in-lawdid and he took the money and
ran...now if the terms of copyright were reduced to something reasonable
then we all can share Pooh when it gets in the public domain.

BTW this is the argument for the original extension of 14yrs.

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
11/08/01 08:14 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss