Re: [dvd-discuss] SSSCA Hearing on Oct. 25

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:55:54PM -0400, Noah silva wrote:
> You can always include the "security" features in the "free" (and I am
> assuming Open Source) software.  Just make them conditional defines to
> it's easy to recompile it without even having to look at the code ;)

past experience (CSS) and background information (that WIPO workshop)
show clearly that the "certified" part will almost surely require:

a) obfuscation
b) a licensing structure
c) a central authority to oversee same

and c) will almost definitely be a "cross-industry non-profit group".
you know, like DVD CCA, for example.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org