Re: [dvd-discuss] 2001 Best year ever for movies

TOUCHE!

The piracy of inferior copies may create word or mouth advertising
that increases box office sales for people who want to experience the
film or people who want to buy DVD to have their own personal
experience!

I doubt that Hollywierd wants to hear that one.

Mathematically, the fundamental problem with all the distribution
fitting is that there is always some error associated with fitting
the distribution on the main lobe (which is where all the date is you
are trying to fit it to is) and the tails which is being fit with
very little date because the tails are rare events and are very
succeptable to what the main lobe is doing. But to be concerned about
what the tails are doing is fixating upon the extreme with little
information and missing the majority.....I've done enough
distribution fitting over the last 20 yrs that whenever somebody
tells me they got "it" my reaction is "Oh yeah......and do you really
think you understand it or have proven anything?