I work for the free circulation of science and scholarship in every field and language. In practice that means research, writing, organizing, and pro bono consulting for open access to research. I wear several hats:
- Director of the Harvard Office for Scholarly Communication (starting July 1, 2013)
- Director of the Harvard Open Access Project
- Faculty Fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- Senior Researcher at the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- Open Access Project Director at Public Knowledge
- Research Professor of Philosophy at Earlham College
My latest book is Open Access (MIT Press, 2012), which includes an OA page of updates and supplements. Also see my other writings on open access, the backfile of my newsletter (the SPARC Open Access Newsletter), and my publications on deposit in the Harvard institutional repository.