Clinical Program in Cyberlaw
- Provides high-quality, pro-bono legal services to appropriate individuals, small start-ups, non-profit groups and government entities regarding cutting-edge issues of the Internet, new technology and intellectual property. Led by three highly experienced IP practitioners and litigators, the Clinical Program offers exciting opportunities for 2L and 3L HLS students to earn course credit for engaging in actual high-tech litigation, client counseling, advocacy, legislation, transactional and research and writing projects and cases.
: Co-directors Phil Malone
and Jeffrey Cunard and Assistant Director Matthew Lovell
- The Filter is the Berkman Center for Internet & Society's monthly e-publication. The Filter highlights the latest Internet news, with special attention played to the net effect of technological change on society.
Contact: Patrick McKiernan, Berkman Communications Coordinator (pmckiernan [at] cyber.law.harvard.edu)
H2O - Berkman's Open-Source Platform for a Global Education Network
- The H2O project, operated under a non-profit charter by the Berkman Center, is committed to transforming education by developing tools that enable true interaction across classrooms and physical spaces.
Contacts: Luis Villa, Berkman Senior Geek; Jonathan Zittrain, Chair in Internet Governance and Regulation at Oxford University, Jack N. and Lillian R. Berkman Visiting Professor for Entrepreneurial Legal Studies at Harvard, and Co-Founder of the Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- We support a number of Internet-related courses here at Harvard Law School and elsewhere. Contact: Berkman Center, (617) 495-7547
- Taught by world-renowned experts in the field, the program addresses the most controversial cyberlaw issues and is designed for a diverse audience including leaders in business, technology, law, education, government, media and the non-profit community. Contact: Berkman Center, (617) 495-7547
Internet Law Program Casebook
- Faculty members behind the ILAW (Internet Law Program) - Profs. Jonathan Zittrain, William Fisher, Charlie Nesson, Lawrence Lessig, Yochai Benkler - are writing a casebook to be released in the coming year. The Berkman Center will host a website, including a set of asynchronous discussion boards to supplement the book. Contact: Berkman Center, (617) 495-7547
Summer Doctoral Programme
- The Summer Doctoral Programme (SDP) is a joint effort of the Berkman Center and the Oxford Internet Institute, which provides top doctoral students from around the world with the opportunity to work for a few intensive weeks with leading figures in Internet research. Contact: Berkman Center, (617) 495-7547
Web Of Ideas
- A Wednesday night discussion series at the Berkman. Contact: Dr. David Weinberger, Berkman fellow.