You are looking at the HTML representation of the XML format.
HTML is good for debugging, but is unsuitable for application use.
Specify the format parameter to change the output format.
To see the non HTML representation of the XML format, set format=xml.
See the complete documentation, or
API help for more information.
<page ns="0" title="API" missing="" />
<page pageid="1" ns="0" title="Main Page">
<rev user="Jsd" timestamp="2010-02-23T18:37:55Z" comment="wording change" contentformat="text/x-wiki" contentmodel="wikitext" xml:space="preserve">This Wiki serves as an invitation to collaborate on building a learning and research environment based on Yochai Benkler's book, ''The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom'', available under a
[http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/ Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Sharealike] license.
== Read the book==
''in different formats:''
* [[Table of Contents|Wiki]]: summaries, commentary, downloads
* [[Download PDFs of the book|PDF]] - in the original book format or in a paper-friendly version
* [http://www.congo-education.net/wealth-of-networks HTML] - formatted in separate chapters, in an easier-to-read format
* [http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/sisu_manifest.html Searchable version available in multiple formats] ( [http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/toc.html html], XML, opendocument [http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/opendocument.odt ODF], pdf ([http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/landscape.pdf landscape], [http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/portrait.pdf portrait]), [http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/plain.txt plaintext], [http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/the_wealth_of_networks.yochai_benkler/concordance.html concordance ] ), SiSU
* Hardcopy: [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0300110561/sr=8-1/qid=1140626021/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8246423-0950353?%5Fencoding=UTF8 from Amazon] or [http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=0300110561 from Yale Press]or [http://worldcat.org/oclc/61881089 Find it in a library]
== Reviews and Blogs ==
* ''[http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003368.shtml Lessig blog],'' by Lawrence Lessig, 15Apr06.
* ''[http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2dd72ff4-0cbb-11db-84fd-0000779e2340.html Financial Times],'' Net Gains, by Paul Miller, 07Jul06.
* ''[http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-2266603,00.html Times Online],'' Netizens Awake, by Paul Duguid, 07Jul06.
* ''[http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2006/07/jason_calacanis.php Rough Type],'' Calacanis's wallet and the Web 2.0 dream, by Nicholas Carr, 19Jul06. See also ''[http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2006/07/benkler_on_cala.php Benkler's reply],'' 28Jul06.
* ''[http://www.newstatesman.com/200609040057 New Statesman],'' Power to the People, by Kenneth Cukier, 04Sep06.
* ''[http://www.germanlawjournal.com/article.php?id=765 German Law Journal],'' by James Brink, 01Oct06.
* ''[http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/669 Public Knowledge],'' by Gigi Sohn, 03Oct06.''
* ''[http://pmat.ciph.free.fr/breve.php3?id_breve=21 Rue Descartes],'' by Thierry Leterre, Feb07 (French journal edited by the ''[http://www.ciph.org/ Collège international de philosophie]'').
* ''[http://jyo3.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/networked-information-economy/ Networked Information Economy],'' by jyo3, Jul07 (Reading, review and discussion as part of the ''[http://neteconomics.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/class-notes-week-6/ Digital Media Program at the UW]'').
*''[http://denoer.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/072907-wealth-of-nations/ denoer blog],'' by Randa Williams, 29Jul07.
*''[http://jwliston.wordpress.com/2007/07/30/power-to-the-people/ Power To The People] by JohnWayne Liston, Jul07 (Net e-conomics: ''[http://depts.washington.edu/mcdm/ MC Digital Media; University Washington]'')
*''[http://mgm5.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/a-moment-of-opportunity/ A Moment of Opportunity],'' by MegMcG, 29Jul07 (Net e-conomics: ''[http://depts.washington.edu/mcdm/ MC Digital Media; University of Washington]'')
*''[http://coreygil.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/book-review-the-wealth-of-networks/ The Wealth of Networks] by Corey Gil, Jul07 (Net e-conomics: ''[http://depts.washington.edu/mcdm/ MC Digital Media; University Washington]'')
*''[http://nancydick.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/wealth-of-networks/ Wealth of Networks] by Nancy Dick, Jul07 (Net e-conomics: ''[http://depts.washington.edu/mcdm/ MC Digital Media; University Washington]'')
*''[http://rolphc.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/review-the-wealth-of-networks/ Wealth of Networks] by Carrie Rolph, Jul07 (Net e-conomics: ''[http://depts.washington.edu/mcdm/ MC Digital Media; University Washington]'')
* ''[http://h20325.www2.hp.com/blogs/garfield/archive/2007/08/08/4118.html Weekly KM Blog],'' by Stan Garfield, 08Aug07.
== Discussions ==
* [http://crookedtimber.org/2006/05/30/introduction-the-wealth-of-networks-seminar/ Crooked Timber] (Net-seminar)
* [http://neteconomics.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/class-notes-week-6/ NetEconomics] (graduate seminar at UW-Seattle)
== Interviews ==
* ''[http://www.openbusiness.cc/2006/04/24/the-wealth-of-networks OpenBusiness]''
* ''[http://www.opendemocracy.net/media-copyrightlaw/benkler_3487.jsp OpenDemocracy]''
* ''[http://zero.newassignment.net/filed/yochai_benkler Assignment Zero]''
* Video interview @ Wizards of OS 4: question [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1Vizvecsw 1], [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dg9pDny99E 2], [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_c_pRSFs34 3], & [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxQEOniepWc 4]. September 14, 2006.
== Video Resources==
* [http://www.scribemedia.org/2007/03/19/yochai-benkler/ Yochai Benkler @ Freedom to Connect, March 2007]
* [http://pdf.blip.tv/file/237315/ Yochai Benkler @ Personal Democracy Forum, 2007]
* [http://www.archive.org/details/YochaiBenkler Yochai Benkler @ the Center for American Progress, May 31, 2006]
== Audio Resources==
* [http://dream.sims.berkeley.edu/~jhall/Yochai_Benkler_Boalt_27Apr2006.mp3 Yochai Benkler @ Boalt Hall (Berkeley School of Law), April 2006]
== Using this wiki ==
The basic idea is to make this Wiki a place for at least five things:
# Collaborate on writing a summary of the ideas and claims of the book (see [[Table of Contents]])
# Collaborate on writing commentaries and elaborating and refining the presentation
# Provide an easy platform through which to access underlying research materials:
#* those used in the book's notes
#* and resources that are useful for further research, refinement, and updating
# Describe, link to, and analyze examples of the phenomena the book describes
#* The purpose is not to “make the case” for the book or find “gotcha” counter examples. What we are trying to do is provide a real research tool, annotated bibliography, and platform for collaborative learning. Examples and counter-examples should be selected and described with that purpose in mind.
# Demonstrate and discover what is valuable in a learning platform
#* Through separate pages devoted to ideas and experiments of what can be done with an online book to make it a learning platform, we hope to expand the range of uses to which this Wiki can be available.
#* Through creative, systematic and interactive uses of this wiki, we hope to enhance our individual and collective skills & experience in a wiki world
=== Growing this Wiki ===
* [[Growing this Wiki]]: Ideas for how to help the wiki grow and be useful
=== A Wiki User's Guide ===
See the [http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User%27s_Guide User's Guide] for usage and configuration help.
Please use the [[Sandbox]] for experiments and to get acquainted with this wiki.