This Wiki is an invitation to collaborate on building a learning and research environment based on Yochai Benkler's book, The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom.
Using this wiki
The basic idea is to make this Wiki a place for at least five things:
- Collaborate on writing a summary of the ideas and claims of the book (see Table of Contents)
- Collaborate on writing commentaries and elaborating and refining the presentation
- Provide an easy platform through which to access underlying research materials:
- those used in the book's notes
- and resources that are useful for further research, refinement, and updating
- Describe, link to, and analyze examples of the phenomena the book describes
- The purpose is not to “make the case” for the book or find “gotcha” counter examples. What we are trying to do is provide a real research tool, annotated bibliography, and platform for collaborative learning. Examples and counter-examples should be selected and described with that purpose in mind.
- Demonstrate and discover what is valuable in a learning platform
- Through separate pages devoted to ideas and experiments of what can be done with an online book to make it a learning platform, we hope to expand the range of uses to which this Wiki can be available.
- Through creative, systematic and interactive uses of this wiki, we hope to enhance our individual and collective skills & experience in a wiki world
Growing this Wiki
A Wiki User's Guide
See the User's Guide for usage and configuration help.
Please use the Sandbox for experiments and to get acquainted with this wiki.