Wealth of Networks WikiNotes
Welcome to the Wealth of Networks WikiNotes
This Wiki is an invitation to collaborate on building a learning and research environment based on Yochai Benkler's book, The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom.
Read the Wealth of Networks
- Chapter 1 - full text
- Bulleted Chapter 1 - re-formatted for easier reading
- Read an offsite HTML version of the book (The link seems to be disabled)
Uses of this Wiki space
The basic idea is to make this Wiki a place where people who read the book can do at least five things.
- First, collaborate on writing a summary of the ideas and claims of the book, as an initial point of entry.
- Visit the Table Of Contents and elaborate chapter summaries
- Second, collaborate on writing commentaries on the book and elaborating and refining its presentation
- Third, provide an easy platform through which to access underlying research materials:
- both those used in the book's notes, and more importantly,
- resources that are useful for further research, refinement, and updating.
- Fourth, the Wiki should be a place where participants can describe, link to, and analyze examples of the phenomena the book describes.
- The purpose is not to “make the case” for the book or find “gotcha” counter examples.
- What we are trying to do is provide a real research tool, annotated bibliography, and platform for collaborative learning.
- Examples and counter-examples should be selected and described with that purpose in mind.
- Fifth, the Wiki is itself a learning platform about what is valuable in a learning platform.
- Through separate pages devoted to ideas and experiments of what can be done with an online book to make it a learning platform, we hope to expand the range of uses to which this Wiki can be available.
- Through creative, systematic and interactive uses of this wiki, we hope to enhance our individual and collective skills & experience in a wiki world
Growing this Wiki
A Wiki User's Guide
- See the User's Guide for usage and configuration help.