VRM Workshop 2009
The first West Coast ProjectVRM Workshop (tags vrm2009 and vrm2009) will be hosted by ProjectVRM, the Berkman Center and SAP at SAP Labs in Palo Alto on Friday-Saturday 15-16 July. The event will go from 9AM to 5:30 on both days.
The purpose of the workshop is to bring people together and make progress on any number of VRM topics and projects. The workshop will be run as an "unconference" on the open space model, which means session topics will be chosen by participants. Here is the Wikipedia page on open space. In open space there are no speakers or panels -- just participants, gathered to get work done and enjoy doing it. Participation includes contributing to the VRM Workshop 2008 wiki.
This is a live agenda. The canonical copy is on the wall at the workshop.
The workshop is free. You can register through this EventBrite link.
- Location: TBD
Morning Refreshments - 8:30
- Introductory remarks by Doc Searls and others
- Project reports (5 min each)
- Marketplace of Ideas for specific projects (1.5 min each)
- Personal introductions by everybody
- 11-11:30 Agenda Making
- 11:30-11:45 Lunch, which will be brought in
- 11:45 - 12:45 - Session 1
- 1:00-2:00 Session 2
- 2:15-3:15 Session 3
- 3:30-4:30 Session 4
Sessions reporting to the group, 4:30-5:30
In open space workshops, topics are suggested by participants in the Agenda making session, which is attended by everybody. Participants write the title of their topic on a sheet of paper with a bold marker, add their name, then describe the topic to the group and post it on a large "spreadsheet" of times and session locations, a blackboard in the front of Pound 101, which will be our main room.
One person in each session will take notes, either directly (or eventually) on the workshop wiki. At the end of each day somebody from each discussion session will report progress to the group.
7:00PM: Non-hosted Dinner
Morning Refreshments - 8:30
Opening group gathering (adding or moving sessions, reports of insights from yesterday) - 8:30-9:00
- 9:00-10:00 Session 5
- 10:10-11:10 Session 6
- 11:20-12:30 Session 7
- 12:30-1:45 LUNCH
- 1:45-2:45 Session 7
- 3:00-4:00 Session 8
Closing session, summarizing both days, personal comments, more - 4:00-5:30
There are many. Here is a list to get us started. Add or subtract whatever you like...
- The Mine! (Adriana Lukas)
- Volunteered Personal Information (Iain Henderson)
- Organization(s) (Joe Andrieu, Brett McDowell)
- R-Button -- and first use challenge: a biz model for public media (Doc Searls)
- ListenLog (Keith Hopper)
- PayChoice (Doc Searls)
- User-driven Search (Joe Andrieu)
- r-cards (Paul Trevithick)
- VRM + Intermediary Space (Judi Clark)
- VRM and health care
- VRM and employability
- VRM and social web stuff (Kevin Marks)
- VRM standards, policies and practices
- VRM + CRM
- VRM and legal openings, hurdles, models and precedents
- For help call Doc's cell: +1-805-705-9666.