Difference between revisions of "October 29 2008 Conference Call"

From Project VRM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 52: Line 52:
  
 
Iain already has a bunch of work to kickstart the effort.
 
Iain already has a bunch of work to kickstart the effort.
 +
===VRM.ORG===
 +
Renee Lloyd is taking the lead, working with Doc to make this happen.
 +
===Website update===
 +
Its getting fixed. We were attacked; so we are cleaning that up. We will have much of what everyone has been asking for. By the time of our next call, it should be up and running.
 +
 +
Doc clarifies that the web guys need to work with Sebastian to make it completely compatible with Berkman's operations. Which means porting to Drupal.
  
 
==Next Meeting==
 
==Next Meeting==
 
*[[November 12 2008 Conference Call]] This is during IIW
 
*[[November 12 2008 Conference Call]] This is during IIW

Revision as of 16:57, 29 October 2008

Conference Call Notes

Drafted by Joe Andrieu, October 29, 2008


IRC

#vrm at chat.freenode.net

Other Calls

Category:conference call

Attendees

  • Joe Andrieu
  • Dean Landsman
  • Sean Bohan
  • Iain Henderson
  • Charles Andres (coming in a bit late)
  • Brett McDowell
  • Chris Carfi
  • Doc Searls

Agenda

  1. Review Boston Meetings
    1. Standards Meeting
    2. Public Media Meeting
  2. r-button update
  3. Marketing committee update
  4. European update
  5. IIW

Notes

VPI SIG

Iain is leading a SIG at Liberty to push forward his Volunteer Personal Information initiative to free up the information that only individuals have access to today.

  • Contracts
  • Policy
  • Legislation
  • Technology

Everything needed to get it implemented.

Teleconference 2008/10/30 1PM ET/ 10AM PT

Doc will be working towards a draft "Declaration of Independence"-style document defining what is VRM for that teleconference.

12-18 month process. Teleconferences every two weeks. A face to face as well. Hopefully in Feb/March of 2009.

We want the VRM braintrust involved. Also the Identity Assurance braintrust, who have deep knowledge in compliance.

Goal is to build a case that there is a market and need here. Then build a normative standard. Then getting funding to operationalize a program.

Iain already has a bunch of work to kickstart the effort.

VRM.ORG

Renee Lloyd is taking the lead, working with Doc to make this happen.

Website update

Its getting fixed. We were attacked; so we are cleaning that up. We will have much of what everyone has been asking for. By the time of our next call, it should be up and running.

Doc clarifies that the web guys need to work with Sebastian to make it completely compatible with Berkman's operations. Which means porting to Drupal.

Next Meeting