|(31 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/lists/info/projectvrm The list. ] |+|
| || |
|−|[http://cyber. law. harvard.edu/lists/subscribe/projectvrm Subscribing.] |+|
|−|[http://www.bayarea-fishing.com/ Bay area fishing charters] | |
|−|[http://www.spas-sanfrancisco.com/ San Francisco spa] | |
|−|[http://www.dentistindalycity.com/ Daly City Dentist] | |
|−|[http://www.oaklanddentistdds.com/ oakland Dentist] | |
|−|[http://www.yoursanfranciscoplumber.com/ San Francisco plumber] | |
|−|[http://yovilletipsandtricks.blogspot.com/ yoville cheats] | |
|−|[http://cityvillecheatsandtips.blogspot.com/ cheats for cityville] | |
|−|[http://farmvillecheatsworking.blogspot.com/ cheats farmville] | |
|−|[http://www.sanjosedentist/ san jose dentist] | |
|−|[http://www.thesanfranciscolocksmith.com/ San Francisco locksmith] | |
|−|[http://www.sanfranciscodentistdds.com/ San Francisco Dentist] | |
|−|[http://www.thehouston-plumbers.com/ Houston Plumber] | |
|−|[http://www.thesanfranciscomovers.com/ san francisco movers] | |
|−|[http://www.sanfrancisco-weddingphotographers.com/ San Francisco Wedding Photographers] | |
| || |
| || |
|−|Post by mailing to projectvrm AT eon. law. harvard. edu. |+|
to . .
ProjectVRM has an active mailing list that runs between five and six hundred members. You can see the archive and subscribe here. Because the archive is exposed on the Web, it is public. Bear this in mind when you post to the list.
Our main frame is VRM. But subjects can be anything.
On the subject of etiquette, there is lots of good guidance in the world. Nearly all of it is for (and by) organizations that provide many more rules than we have here, and they are all worth reading. Here is ours:
- Seek first to understand, and then to be understood. (Thank you, Stephen Covey. Note that all of what Covey covers in his "7 habits" are good advice for mailing lists.)
- Don't characterize other people. Nobody likes to be called anything, even if what they are called is accurate. Implicit in any characterization is reduction to a label, or something less than the whole person each of us are. We are all more and other than than any characterization. Being characterized nearly always makes people defensive. And once we start defending ourselves from characterization, the conversation goes sideways to the characterization itself and away from whatever the real subject was in the first place.
- Don't use "you" statements. These put people on the defensive as well.
- Don't flame. This includes baiting. It's a subtle thing. Usually it's saying something you know is going to piss people off. We've had relatively little of this; but it's still worth bringing up.
- If you share links, make sure they don't include tracking text. Typically, this text begins with a ? and a pile of text that has nothing to do with the actual location of the URL being shared.