August 19 2008 Conference Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Purpose of call:
- Define what relbutton does
- Doc: Go forward stuff / leaning towards action
- Dean: Invite Asa
- Iain: relbutton might be trying to do too much
- At least 8 stages of relationship - it should represent these
- Iain: CIC button = overlap? Should it be the relbutton?
- Pariity project around volunteered personal information
- Doc: Relbutton attributes:
- Represents relationship
- It's simple
- Assertted by either party
- Has two halves representing relationship and willingness
- Keith: Background on relbutton:
- Born from need to visualize and describe VRM
- Got legs with donations around public media and media downloads, but not limited to it
- How we can do relbutton on an enterprise level?
- Is it just public media? (no)
- Should we call it something other than relationship?
- Should we approach an advertising agency or equivalent to help us define, brand, name, and visualize the relbutton?
- Yes(?) but needs to be someone who really is enthusiastic about open source and "gets it"
- Three ways to define relbutton (can be done in parallel):
- Design / agency market definition: new name, face(?), messaging, description
- Standards / use cases (ala VRM workshop)
- Prototype / code (build real stuff)
- Leveraging existing work in identity, CIC, etc.
- Tribler.org = University of Delft - Holland (Universal tip jar - what is it? How far downstream?)
- Prototype For apple: Put a Relbutton-like payment mechanism onto podcasts (Notlocked into; consider Nokia, other mobile platforms)
- Doc VRM will play out in many ways - many applications
- Action items:
- Keith will resize relbutton source image on Relbutton Scenarios page
- Meeting tomorrow
- Doc and Iain will discuss Pariity projects
- Dean will introduce in call relative to other groups, efforts