Difference between revisions of "New Economic Models"
Revision as of 13:21, 15 November 2009
The rise of the networked economy is changing economic possibilities around the world. From the call centers in India to eBay and the new Internet entrepreneurs, there are many signs that suggest a flatter world fueled by innovative production and marketing strategies. In this session, we will explore the promise and reality of the changing economic tides associated with rising Internet use including those marketing to the long tail and the new oligopolists.
- Wikipedia, Dot-com Bubble
- Chris Anderson, The Long Tail
- Kevin Kelly, Better than Free
- Eric von Hippel:
- The Economics of Open Content Symposium: New Models of Creative Production in the Digital Age Collaboration and the Marketplace - Video stream of the 30-minute presentation: new improved link! (requires RealPlayer). See below for alternate links to the presentation in video and audio format.
- Democratizing Innovation, Chapter 8: Adapting Policy to User Innovation