Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is the home page of TagTeam.
- Suggested short URL for this page =
- OATP uses social tagging to capture new developments on open access to research. The OATP mission is (1) to provide a real-time alert service for OA-related news and comment, and (2) to organize knowledge of the field by tag or subtopic. The project publishes a comprehensive primary feed of new OA developments, and hundreds of smaller secondary feeds on OA subtopics, one for each project tag.
- OATP runs on TagTeam, open-source software developed specifically for OATP and now available for open, tag-based research projects on any topic. TagTeam stores all OATP tag records for deduping, export, preservation, modification, and search. OATP started on Connotea and moved to TagTeam in September 2012.
- Peter Suber launched OATP in April 2009, and wrote a full-length description of it in the SPARC Open Access Newsletter for May 2009. In mid-2011 OATP became part of the Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP). HOAP was funded by a grant from Arcadia from 2011 to 2016, and is currently funded by a grant from the Laura and John Arnold Foundation.
- These OATP web pages formerly resided on the Open Access Directory, starting in April 2009, and moved to the HOAP wiki in May 2015. (The OATP home page had 92,072 page views at the OAD wiki before moving to the HOAP wiki. If you're counting, add that number to the page views for this page, below. But who's counting?)