Open Access (the book)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- On this page I'll post updates and other notes on my book, Open Access, MIT Press, 2012. —Peter Suber.
- Suggested short URL for this page = http://bit.ly/oa-book
About the book
- Peter Suber, Open Access, MIT Press, June 2012.
- The Kindle edition is available now. Digital editions in a dozen other formats will roll out over the summer.
- The paperback edition is available for pre-order from MIT Press and from Amazon. It will ship in early August 2012.
- The book will become OA in June 2013, one year from the date of publication. If you can't wait that long, everything I've said in the book I've said in some form or another in an OA article, probably more than once.
- MIT Press is already providing OA to the table of contents, series forward, preface, chapter 1 ("What is open access?"), and the index.
- Sorry, I don't control review copies. To get a review copy, contact MIT Press.
- I plan to launch some kind of site, other than this page, where I can gather and respond to reader comments. I welcome suggestions about the best way to do that. Meantime, I welcome comments on the book itself.
- In this section, I'll post updates to the text. Some didn't fit into the book because the book is deliberately short. (I was already over my wordcount.) Some couldn't appear in the book because they were not published until after my text was final in the spring of 2011.
- I'll probably start posting updates here in August, when the paperback edition comes out. Then each update can cite the book by page number or endnote number. Watch this space.