Open Access (book)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This page is part of the Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP).
- These are Peter Suber's supplements and updates to his book, Open Access: Research Unbound, MIT Press, 2012.
- ///here give links to MIT, Amazon, etc.; explain when/how it will become OA
- The text was finished in the spring of 2011, with only one or two small updates inserted after that.
- The word count is 147k, higher than MIT wanted. In many places I was constrained by the word count. For example, in the preface, I wanted to thank many more colleagues, but in the end I only thanked those who helped with economic support for my OA work.
- Elsevier boycott
- Or: Notes toward the second edition
- I call OA a "revolution" but say it's not a "radical" idea. What's not a radical step is to (1) solving severe problems harming you and your work by (2) taking advantage of existing technology.
Reader suggestion page
- have one? use another format instead, such as my G+ blog? find some way to gather suggestions; describe and link to it here
- large, so put it on another page; link to it from here; explain here and there that most HOAP wiki pages are editable only by project participants, but that the book index page is editable by any registered user