Jump to navigation Jump to search
- OATP is a crowd-sourced project running on free software to capture new developments on open access to research.
- Its twofold mission is (1) to create real-time alerts for OA-related news and comment, and (2) to organize knowledge of the field, by tag or subtopic, for easy searching and sharing.
- OATP publishes a large primary feed of new OA developments, and hundreds of smaller secondary feeds. The primary feed contains all new items (new within the last six months) noticed and tagged by our army of taggers. Following it is the best way to stay on top of what's happening in the world of OA. The secondary feeds are more specialized. We have a secondary feed for each tag, for each search, and for each user-created boolean combination of any of the other OATP other feeds. You can easily make a secondary feed to suit your precise interests. You can also make a feed of the items you recommend as the most worth reading.
- OATP aims to cover OA comprehensively, and can best do that with taggers in every ecological niche, by topic, academic field, country, region, and language. Hence, please consider tagging for OATP and helping us recruit other taggers.
- OATP runs on TagTeam, open-source software developed specifically for OATP and now available for open, tag-based research projects on any topic. See the OATP hub within TagTeam. TagTeam stores all OATP tag records for deduping, export, preservation, modification, and search. OATP started on Connotea and movedto TagTeam in September 2012.