OATP Twitter feed
You can follow the primary OATP Twitter feed at @oatp.
Note that the Twitter feed is abridged.
- It's abridged against our will. It's abridged because the native OATP output is in RSS, and all the RSS-to-Twitter tools we've been able to find truncate the feed.
- Currently, we use IFTTT, which limits us to 25 tweets per day. That's a higher cap than any other tool we've found, but we'd still like to remove the cap.
- On most days, we tag fewer than 25 items, and the Twitter feed is complete. But on heavy days we exceed 25, and the Twitter feed is incomplete.
- This is annoying. But it helps to remember that hitting the cap is a side effect of success (success in covering OA comprehensively).
We welcome your help in identifying or creating an RSS-to-Twitter tool that does not abridge the Twitter feed.
- If you have any ideas on these lines, please contact Peter Suber.
Meantime consider one of the unabridged versions of the primary OATP feed.
- The most popular unabridged version is the email version. (You can sign up here.) You'll receive one neatly-formatted email per day containing all the day's feed items.
- If you don't want to sign up for anything, the easiest method is to go to the HTML version. It's organized like a blog, with the most recent items at the top. Bookmark it and revisit whenever you want to catch up.