Notes on the Research Works Act
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Research Works Act (HR 3699) would repeal the OA policy at the NIH and block similar policies at other federal agencies. Co-sponsored by Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), it was introduced on December 16, 2011, and referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- The Association of American Publishers (AAP) has endorsed the bill. However, the AAP did not consult its members before endorsing the bill, and it's far from clear how many AAP members themselves endorse the bill.
- Here's a list of AAP members who have disavowed the AAP position on RWA (chronological order):
- MIT Press. Announced January 11, 2012, by Ellen Faran, Director of MIT Press.
- ITHAKA. Announced January 12, 2012.
- Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR). Announced January 12, 2012.
- Penn State University Press. Announced January 12, 2012, by Patrick Alexander, Director of the Penn State University Press.
- Rockefeller University Press. Announced January 13, 2012, by Mike Rossner, Executive Director of Rockefeller University Press.
- University of California Press. Announced January 13, 2012, by Alison Mudditt, Director of the University of California Press,