Matching programmers with OA projects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This page is part of the Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP).
- On this page, I'm collecting OA projects that need programming help and programmers willing to donate their time. I got the idea from Unglue.it and some student programmers at the Stevens Institute of Technology. See my blog post about it, and the corresponding tweet, from October 8, 2017.
- I hope that someone one else can come up with a better way organize this matching. Among other reasons, I hope the idea catches on, and if it does, I won't have time to add all these listings manually. I look forward to redirecting from this page to one or more better implementations of the same idea.
- Meantime, if you want to be listed, please me. If you're an OA project in need of programming help, give me the name of the project, the URL if any, the name of a contact person, and the contact person's email address. If you're a programmer or programming team willing to donate time, give me the name of a contact person and his/her email address. I'll assume that if you send me this kind of info, you agree to let me post it. I won't directly match programmers and projects, but let them review what's on offer and contact promising leads on their own.
- Attention CS professors: If you're willing to give academic credit to students who understake this kind of work, please bring this page to their attention.