Best practices for university OA policies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is a guide to best practices for university OA policies.
- Currently the guide is private in the sense that no web pages deliberately link to it. I believe that some pages automatically created by the wiki software will link to it. Is that private enough for our purposes?
- When we decide it's ready, we can make all or some of it public.
- Before release, get other key partners to make their own suggestions and sign on to the result, e.g. SPARC and EOS.
- Eventually add recommendations on all important points, and link to literature and evidence in support of our recommendations. Consider writing an executive summary of the guide, for rapid orientation or busy committees.
- Incorporate ideas and language from these docs:
- Harvard's annotated Model OA Policy
- PS article on OA policy options for funding agencies and universities
- Eventually make a second guide for funder policies.
Drafting a policy
Adopting a policy
Implementing a policy
Other best-practice guides
- PS has many in his offline notes. Will add them soon.