New positions are announced as they open.
Throughout the year, the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society welcomes students and others from all academic backgrounds to join us as research assistants.
RAs are deeply and substantively involved in the operation of the Berkman Klein Center's research projects and efforts. Becoming invaluable contributors to the Center’s operation and success, they conduct collaborative and independent research under the guidance of Berkman Klein staff, fellows, and faculty. Specific roles, tasks, and experiences vary depending on the Center's needs and RAs’ skills.
During the academic year, RAs work mostly in part-time capacities.
- Lumen Project Research Assistants
- Media Cloud Research Assistants
- Research Assistant for Race, Gender, & Algorithmic Inequality in Online Dating
- Geek Cave Systems
Academic Year Research Assistant Information and Eligibility:
- Unless otherwise noted, the hourly wage for the above positions is $12.75 per hour.
- Time commitments during the academic year typically, but do not always, range from 8-12 hours per week.
- Interns/RAs during the academic year do not have to be students, unless otherwise noted in the position listing.
- Interns/RAs during the academic year do not have to be affiliated with Harvard University, unless otherwise noted in the position listing.
- We are unable to hire Interns/RAs who will conduct their work outside of the state of Massachusetts.
- We do not have the ability to provide authorization to work in the U.S.