Academic Year Internships
New internships are announced as positions open. Please keep an eye on this page to learn of new opportunities.
Throughout the year, the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society welcomes students and others from all academic backgrounds to join us in our research as interns.
Interns are deeply and substantively involved in the operation of the Berkman Klein Center's research projects and efforts. Becoming invaluable contributors to the Center’s operation and success, interns conduct collaborative and independent research under the guidance of Berkman Klein staff, fellows, and faculty. Specific roles, tasks, and experiences vary depending on the Center's needs and interns' skills.
During the academic year, interns work mostly in part-time capacities.
- Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence
- Geek Cave Systems
- Global Access in Action
- Internet Monitor
- Privacy Tools for Sharing Research Data
- Youth and Media Design Work
Academic Year Intern/Research Assistant Information and Eligibility:
- The standard wage is $11.50 per hour.
- Time commitments during the academic year typically, but do not always, range from 8-12 hours per week.
- Interns/RAs during the academic year do not have to be students.
- Interns/RAs during the academic year do not have to be affiliated with Harvard University.
- We are unable to hire Interns/RAs who will conduct their work outside of the state of Massachusetts.
- We do not have the ability to provide authorization to work in the U.S.