Project Management Certification
Project Management Certification is the process of demonstrating knowledge and skills in the project management field and profession. Project management certification is often needed to start a career as a project manager, promotion, or is a requirement in many projects. Organizations involved in public, government and private projects often impose certification requirements for project managers involved in projects.
- 1 Types of Project Management Certification
- 2 Project Management Certification worldwide
- 2.1 Project Management Certification in Islamabad, Pakistan
- 2.2 Project Management Certification in Moscow, Russia
- 2.3 Project Management Certification in London, UK
- 2.4 Project Management Certification in Jakarta, Indonesia
- 2.5 Project Management Certification in Warsaw, Poland
- 2.6 Project Management Certification in Berlin, Germany
- 2.7 Project Management Certification in Paris, France
- 2.8 Project Management Certification in New Delhi, India
- 2.9 Project Management Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria
Types of Project Management Certification
Agile Project Management Certification
This is a project management certification program that overlaps with modern insights on flexible methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban and aims to control a project and its progress with less classic management practices and more Agile practices such as sprinting, time forecasting, and relativity time, active involvement of all team members as well as external parties.
Typical Modern Agile Project Management Certification is presented by Business Value-Oriented Principles Ltd. (BVOP), which combines classic and popular project management practices with new Agile, Scrum, and Kaizen theories and practices. The goal of BVOP is to eliminate losses in all management and development practices. The Lean Methodology is another primary topic in the project management principles created by the BVOP.
Waterfall Project Management Certification
Traditional project management approach, introduced for the first time by The Project Management Institute. PMI's most popular project management certification program is Project Management Professional (PMP).
Another well-known certification program is PRINCE2 and is presented by AXELOS. PRINCE stands for PRojects IN Controlled Environments). PRINCE2 is a structured project management method and a practitioner certification program. PRINCE2 emphasizes the separation of projects into manageable and controllable stages. It has been accepted in many countries around the world, including the UK, Western European countries, and Australia.
See the list of best project management certifications list of the PGOV.org. Their article is based on the certification demand of internet users in 2019 and 2020.
Change management is a major part of the waterfall project management processes and the Change Management Plan is a tool for controlling the change request input.