Decentralized media/Wikileaks Group 2 (Erin, Sujay)
1. How do you verify decentralized media (the information)? (see Wikipedia article)
- Videos, pictures, etc… - Social Media as well - How to hold accountable (do you hold accountable) - Bias within decentralized media - What criteria do people on the internet use to deem something fact vs. opinion (bring up CBS story, 60 minutes) - Contrast with journalistic ethics codes and internal regulations.
2. Crowdfunding (view huffingtonpost article)
- Death of old media, crowdfunding allows old journalism (anytime money is exchanged, bias is taking)
3. There are certain regulations in place for media output, formed by the big “players” in media - how does decentralized media affect these policies, if at all?
- Should the policies be redesigned?