A reading group with Charles and Fern Nesson
"Every man's got a right to decide his own destiny" Bob Marley
- freedom is a state of mind
- a freesoul is
- a freesoul believes
- a freesoul feels self control
- a freesoul expresses art and truth
- a freesoul likes the way music pushes the connections of his mind along
- a freesoul honors authority he respects and resists authority she does not.
- freedom to be the self you imagine your self to be
course description for 2008-2009
'More Freedom: Reading Group'
Spring term, Block L Th 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Professor Charles R. Nesson 1 classroom credit LAW-44095A
WE ask: What's your passion? In what ways do you choose freedom? What constrains your freedom? What are your limits beyond aversive constraint?
WE read: John Stuart Mill, Hunter Thompson, lao tzu, Cass Sunstein, Aristotle, Milan Kundera, Aldous Huxley, and other authors who have taught us how better to see ourselves.