Difference between revisions of "Weeks Pages/Week8"
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
Revision as of 03:27, 31 October 2006
Radio & Podcast
Monday, October 30 -- "Radio, Podcast, PRX: Taking the âNet Ethos Off the Screen"
- Tentative Guests: Jake Shapiro and Benjamen Walker
- Reading: TBD
- Assignments: Make a 2.5 minute recording of your argument in an empathic form; volunteers will be asked to present their recorded oral arguments in class to be workshopped for both the ideas of empathic argument and the methodology for recording them. (NOTE: These recordings are not due in Tuesday's class.)
Tuesday, October 31 -- "Practice Day: Audio Production"
- Guest: Colin Rhinesmith
- Reading: TBD
- Assignments: TBD
What are Podcasts?
Wikipedia's Podcast article provides an overview, history, and description of the mechanics of podcasting, along with a series of useful links.
Some Popular Podcasts
The lectures for this week are on Monday, October 30th at 1:15pm and Tuesday, October 31st at 1:15pm. Both will be taped. They will be available here in QuickTime format approximately 24 hours after they occur.
Get the Videos Delivered (or if you have trouble w/ playback)
- Democracy Player is a free and open source video player/aggregator that will download and play back your class videos (sort of like a TiVo for your computer).
- Mplayer is another free and open source video player with its own codecs for playing Real(tm) and Quicktime(tm) (as well as all the other common formats). Some people who have problems with Democracy Player can play the videos with mplayer.
- VLC is another video player. It is, in my opinion (this being Dean), far easier to use than Mplayer.
Here are Lecture Notes for Monday, 10/30
Here are Lecture Notes for Tuesday, 10/31