From the Syllabus
Monday, Oct. 9. Practice Day: Introduction to Video
- Production Guest: Jason Crow, Cambridge Community Television
See notes from Jason Crow's guest lecture here.
Tuesday, Oct. 10. Public Citizen Discourse: Political Blogs and Net Organizing
- Guests: Professor John Palfrey, Berkman Center for Internet and Society; Dan Gilmore
- Assignments: none
- Readings: none
Interesting Reading on Blogging & Politics:
- The Rise of Blogs
- Times profile of liberal bloggers on the campaign trail (need to register free w/ nytimes.com)
- An Irish conference will examine the benefits of political blogging
- Wikipedia Article on Political Blogs
- On the Author Effect: Recovering Collectivity (not about political blogs, but discusses the collective way in which "authorship" is now being performed online; has implications for the power political blogs can and do have)
Links to Some Political Blogs:
The list is getting pretty long-- click here to see it, and add any others you read.
Thoughts on Political Blogs
Click here to read our thoughts and add yours. Bonus: Jordan Catalano weighs in!
It might be useful to have some tools or tutorials on video editing, if people are interested. If anyone knows of a good, free video editor for Windows, a link would be great. I understand Jahshaka is powerful, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it. - ccwalsh