- Name: Esmond Kane
- NickName: Ezi
- Academic Status: Undergrad and Overhere
- Class interests:
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- DRM, Assumed-Piracy and Software-Libre
- Sampling, the judiciary and caseload necessity
- Technology and Economic Incentivization
- The Home Theatre, hive of rampant criminal activity or digital-hearth?
- MMO-etc in the First vs Third World
- Castronova's Virtual Property and Zittrain's Generative Internet
- Lanier's "Digital Maoism" and Wale's/Negroponte's "Empowered Unwashed"
- The Horde at the Gate: eGold and unchecked Digital-Economic growth
- Flash-Mobs, Swarming and Groupthink. Novelty and Originality?
- Silicon snake-oil and the Singularity
- The MMORPG Treadmill, when is Gold-Mining Labour? Opportunity and online Rights
- Desktop Trenchwarfare: zombies want my brains/credit-card. The Security vs Malware Arms Race
- Work: Sys-Admin in the Harvard Art Museums
- Misc: Co-Admin the Harvard Forge
You can read my Spring06 LSTU-E120 midterm paper on iTunesU here (synopsis: DRM and Archiving are fundamentally incompatible) and my final paper on NetNeutrality here (synopsis: ISP bitstream intrusion invalidates the Safe Harbour rationale). You can read my final paper for MUSI-E145 on "The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld" here. I (may) be speaking in Novembers B School Cyberposium on an Open Source Panel/roundtable.
Note: Ultraworld is being actively edited so go to the history to see the "ezi" edits.