Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Name: Esmond Kane, Ezi
- Academic Status: Undergrad/Overhere
- Class interests:
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- DRM, Assumed-Piracy and Software-Libre
- Technology and Economic Incentivization
- MMO-etc in the First vs Third World
- Silicon snake-oil and the Singularity
- Lanier's "Digital Maoism" and Wale's/Negroponte's "Empowered Unwashed"
- The MMORPG Treadmill/Labour, Gold-Miners, Racism and unchecked Digital-Economy growth
- Castronova's Virtual Property and Zittrain's Generative Internet
- Swarming, Groupthink, Novelty and Originality
- Admin of the Harvard Forge 
- Sys-Admin in the Harvard Art Museums
You can read my Spring06 LSTUE120 midterm paper on iTunesU here (synopsis: DRM and Archiving are fundamentally incompatible) and my final paper on NetNeutrality here (synopsus: ISP bitstream intrusion invalidates the Safe Harbour rationale).