Welcome to the CyberOne Course Wiki!
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
Where Can I Go?
We are starting from Scratch on this Wiki. Please go to the area you would like to visit/edit and begin. If the area hasn't been created yet, you'll have the opportunity to be the one to get it started!
- The Project Menu
- Go here to see what projects people are working on/trying to start. Get involved!
- If you have a project, make sure it is linked from this project menu so that people see it!
- The Community Pages
- The Weeks Pages (where you will find each week's class videos, notes, etc.)
- Scratch Gallery and Discussion
- The Pass/Fail Project
- The Extension School Project Pages
- The Extension School Project Pages - (Waitlisted)
- The At-Large Participant Project Pages
- Sandbox where you can practice editing pages
- Interesting Email relating to the organic quality of our course
- cyberone del.icio.us tag
Creating an Account
To create an account, simply click on the "login/create account" link in the upper right corner of your screen and follow the instructions from there.
If you have any problems getting an account, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Challenge For Us
Right now this Wiki looks like the right-out-of-the-box MediaWiki installation. We need our own course logo. Let's design a good one that can replace the standard one in the upper left corner. It would be nice to put it on T-shirts in real life and Second Life as well. If you have one to propose or some ideas about how one should look, put them here.
Law School Class Participants
Extension School Class Participants
Jin Lim -- Yoyo Mah in SL
Patrick Engelman -- Masala Dosei in SL
D.Yvette Wohn -- Yvette Kumsung in SL
Aquelah Davis -- Quee Taiyang in SL
Robert Ruiz -- Robert Ruiz
Martin Hannigan -- Marty Mehring in SL
Daniell Krawczyk Chuck Commons in SL
Dave Taylor Davee Commerce in SL
Justina Guest -- Justina Gregory in SL
User: Geoff McGovern GeoffMcG Xi in SL
For those participants who lack sufficient bandwidth, or live in a timezone that makes SecondLife participation awkward there is now an Internet Relay Chat channel #cyberone on OFTC.net. See IRC for a discussion of Relay Chat and an introduction to its use.
- Course Website
- Moodle (for Extension School students, requires login)
- Moodle (open area, for at-large participants)
- Tuesday September 19, 5-7 pm: The Emergence of Citizens' Media, in the Bartos Theater (basement of MIT Media Lab)
- Alex Beam - Boston Globe
- Ellen Foley - Wisconsin State Journal
- Dan Gillmor - Center for Citizen Media
- Tuesday September 19, and Thursday September 21, 8:30-9:30 pm: Blogging and Liability, in There.com (online / State of Play Academy)
- Lauren Gelman - Stanford Center for Internet and Society
- There.com is another online virtual world like Second Life, the platform we are using in our course
- Thursday, September 21, 5-7 pm: News, Information and the Wealth of Networks, takes place at MIT in building 3, room 270 (3-270)
- Yochai Benkler, Yale Law School
- Henry Jenkins, MIT Comparative Media Studies
- William Uriccio, MIT Comparative Media Studies
A Plea from KB
Yo, all you guys: it would be EXTREMELY helpful to me in my editing project if you could keep track of timecodes for me. All I need, simply, is for you to keep track of changes in topic and/or speakers, and write down the approximate time that these change. You can post this information here. Thanks!! - Kwan Bul