Welcome to the CyberOne Course Wiki!
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
Where Can I Go?
We are starting from Scratch on this Wiki. Please go to the area you would like to visit/edit and begin. If the area hasn't been created yet, you'll have the opportunity to be the one to get it started!
- The Project Menu
- Go here to see what projects people are working on/trying to start. Get involved!
- If you have a project, make sure it is linked from this project menu so that people see it!
- The Community Pages
- The Weeks Pages
- The Pass/Fail Project
- The Extension School Project Pages
- The Extension School Project Pages - (Waitlisted)
- The At-Large Participant Project Pages
- Sandbox where you can practice editing pages
- Interesting Email
- cyberone del.icio.us tag
Creating an Account
To create an account, simply click on the "login/create account" link in the upper right corner of your screen and follow the instructions from there.
If you have any problems getting an account, email email@example.com
A Challenge For Us
Right now this Wiki looks like the right-out-of-the-box MediaWiki installation. We need our own course logo. Let's design a good one that can replace the standard one in the upper left corner. It would be nice to put it on T-shirts in real life and Second Life as well. If you have one to propose or some ideas about how one should look, put them here.
Law School Class Participants
Extension School Class Participants
Extension School Class Participants - (Waitlisted)
- Course Website
- The Wealth of Networks
- Benkler's "Wealth of Networks" CyberOne Wiki
- Moodle (for Extension School students, requires login)
- Moodle (open area, for at-large participants)
- Tuesday September 19, 5-7 pm: The Emergence of Citizens' Media, in the Bartos Theater (basement of MIT Media Lab)
- Alex Beam - Boston Globe
- Ellen Foley - Wisconsin State Journal
- Dan Gillmore - Center for Citizen Media
- Thursday, September 21, 5-7 pm: News, Information and the Wealth of Networks, takes place in building 3, room 270 (3-270)
- Yochai Benkler, Yale Law School
- Henry Jenkins, MIT Comparative Media Studies
- William Uriccio, MIT Comparative Media Studies