At-Large Participant Project Pages
CyberOne At-Large (and growing!)
CyberOne: Law in the Court of Public Opinion is a pathbreaking class offered in the Fall Semester of 2006 through Harvard Law School. At Large participants are non-enrolled students who are participating in the course in many ways: watching the videos, doing the readings, meeting informally in Second Life, and organizing project groups on our own and with enrolled students.
Here's a list of current At-Large Participants. If you are an At-Large participant and are not listed, please add yourself to the list and provide a bit of information about yourself.
If you are interested in connecting with other at-large participants please join the CyberOne at-large participants mailing list.
There are also two SL groups that have formed in order to facilitate increased cooperation among At-Large members. Contact members of the group to get involved! The two groups are:
At-Large Participants' Meetings
- Next Meetings in SL: Tue, 10/17/06 at 8:00 EST/5:00 SLT on Berkman Island. (OPEN TO ALL CYBERONE STUDENTS AND GUESTS)
--Members of CyberOne: Open Access are invited to meet and discuss the status of current projects.
Law And Society Conference Folks, the annual Law and Society Association conference has announced a Call for Papers for the 2007 Conference in Berlin. The theme of this year's conference is: "Law and Society in the 21st Century: Transformations, Resistances, Futures." Is anyone interested in possibly jointly authoring a paper on topics of interest to the CyberOne community? Law and Society Conference
To make the experience more fulfilling--and to prove the power of this new rhetorical space--At-Large participants are working to create diverse projects. Check out some of the current projects and new ideas for projects! Also take a look at the In-Class Projects.
Current At-Large Projects
- We learn by our mistakes; I make a lot of mistakes; -> Therefore, I learn a lot
TRUTHS is an important idea, expressed in the language of a particular scientific discipline that needs to be better understood by the public, policy makers and scientists working in different fields. How might we use the new media (including Second Life) to clarify a scientific argument?
- Organic Use of The Internet Wiki - How to keep autonomy for the long term and not be the frog that gets boiled slowly without noticing. The tactics and strategies to avoid becoming entirely dependent on information systems and digital capital.
- Authoritative Identity Legal Framework - What are the power/parent/entrenched rights of the identity? hart
At-Large Meeting Transcripts
After we have meetings in Second Life, we try to post the discussions for those members who couldn't join us. The following are discussions we have held in SL.
- Course Website
- cyberone del.icio.us tag
Other Wiki Areas
- Sandbox where you can practice editing pages
- Interesting Email relating to the organic quality of our course