Re: [h2o-discuss] [Fwd: Save The Web - Newsletter No 01 - 04/10/1999]

	[from:  <EricEldred@usa.net>:]

>FYI--this is a group in europe that seems to
>be trying to do much the same as us in u.s.
>
>SAVE THE WEB NEWSLETTER
>www.savetheweb.org

	Thanks for the tip.  What with all the various international trade
agreements, and the WIPO trying to harmonize all the various national laws,
our crusade is really global in scope.

	What I found really interesting is that the EU does not seem to be after a
U.S.-DMCA-style exemption for ISPs and search engines.  These are ALSO
large trans-national corporations, concentrating at a heady rate ... and
they are no doubt wondering why the WIPO is taking care of the media and
software monopolies, but not their (internet companies) interests.

	Room for lots of speculation here, and I wonder what the nitty-gritty
politics are ...

                                                       John Kwasnik