Re: [h2o-discuss] is it a full moon yet?

eric,

i think the moon must be half empty at this point...

actually I had to laugh/cry when i read your comments in reference to
alaska and hawaii (as when i read about 'progress' of surveillance
society) as i was just in the process of preparing a by turns serious
and tongue-in-cheek response to the star wars thing myself, that
happened also to include some things in passing about hawaii and
alaska...  from a different angle... exposing the fact well-known in
'national security circles' that the russians sold us alaska precisely
because they knew it would present enormous problems for a star wars
style defense someday...

it now seems possible within this context to track political/social
devolution over the last 35 years on what i propose as a Kubrick scale
in units of 'a stanley' running from our current state of 'eyes wide
shut' = 0 to Dr. strangelove = 100...

will send that other thing along for your 'enjoyment' anyway but wanted
to say

thanks for the tip on moon futures...

i've called my broker already

--