Re: [dvd-discuss] Gedanken Experiment -Unix and Norton

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, John Zulauf wrote:
> > Is this were I insert "information wants to be anthropomorphized" retort
> > to the "information wants to be free" argument.
>
> That's a fair attack on a stupid way of saying something basically true.
> That is to say, "information wants to be free" is true in one sense, but
> the idea that information "wants" anything is really dumb.  It's  like
> saying "water wants to flow downhill" or "electricity wants to have 0
> potential" or something stupid like that.

The correct statement is, quite simply, "information is free."

Seth

--

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

[CC] Counter-copyright: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/cc.html

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.