Re: [dvd-discuss] Comments from the Judge in the 321 studios case

Yes and you don't get to option to pick and choose what you do. If distributed encrypted then it is not copyrighted and so there is no question regarding infringement.

Copyright is a bargain with society. You publish and disseminate and society gives you a monopoly and broad protections. You want more protection to the point that your protections interfere with publication, distribution and dissemination, then you don't get copyright protection. You can't have it BOTH ways where you interfere with the purpose of copyright and then afterwards claim that you have a copyright when you weren't as clever as you thought you were.

Kurt Hockenbury <khockenb@stevens-tech.edu>

06/17/2003 06:13 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss