RE: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?

There was actually a discussion of the
satellite broadcast scenario quite a while
back.  You might want to check the archives.

IIRC the concept of trespass (their signals
are entering my property without my permission)
was even brought up.  No conclusion was reached
then ... IOW, the satellite scenario is still
subject to the same ambiguity as the TurboTax
scenario ... unless there is some agreement
that you enter into when you purchase the
satellite equipment saying "I will not use
this equipment to decode signals for which
I have not legitimately aquired a decryption
key".  Having never purchased a satellite
system, I don't know if any such restrictions
are imposed at the point of sale.

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!