[dvd-discuss] TurboTax for free?

Here's an interesting puzzle.

I recieved in the mail -- unsolicited -- a CD with
TurboTax 2002 on it.  The instructions say that to
access it I need to have internet access and a credit
card.  Obviously this is a protected program, with
the intention that I pay them before it is unlocked.
If I break the protection I would (of course) be subject
to prosecution under the DMCA.

However ... IIRC anything recieved unsolicted in the
mail is a _gift_, and as such I should be able to
access it w/o having to make any payment to the sender
... right?

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!