[dvd-discuss] banned software on sale in compusa

While shopping for christmas, gifts at compUSA , i came across copy of
dvd-copy-x (or a similar sounding name). It promises the user the
ability to "backup" dvd-video to dvd-ram/cdr.

When i looked at the back cover, I found screenshots that looked
amazingly like those of deCSS.

(For technical reasons, I didn't buy the software.) Interesting that
Kaplan's ruling appears not even to  extend into the US commercial
sphere...
Jeremy