[dvd-discuss] New report on Copyright & Free Expression from FEP

http://www.fepproject.org/policyreports/copyright.html

"The Progress Of Science And Useful Arts":
 Why Copyright Today Threatens Intellectual Freedom

http://www.fepproject.org/press/copyright.html

 "NEW REPORT ON COPYRIGHT & FREE EXPRESSION - Music swapping --
  encryption -- the frozen public domain -- where should we draw the
  line between rewarding creativity through the copyright system and
  society's competing interest in the free flow of ideas?  Check out
  the Free Expression Policy Project's newest policy report,

  "The Progress of Science and Useful Arts": Why Copyright Today
  Threatens Intellectual Freedom.

  It covers "fair use," copyright term extension, the Digital Millennium
  Copyright Act, and much more -- without legalese."

[Disclaimer - I'm mentioned and am one of the people thanked in the report]

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf@sethf.com  http://sethf.com
Anticensorware Investigations - http://sethf.com/anticensorware/