Re: [dvd-discuss] Specific ironies of the CTEA

There is an embedded irony in the first.  Sir John Tenniel 1820-1914
created the most famous set of illustrations for Alice in Wonderland.
Because of Tenniel's longer life span, Disney acquired the rights the
the drawings (the English Copyright being life + 50 at that time?) in
order to allowed for them to "borrow" from the style.

So... because the illustrator lived longer, *his* successors in interest
profited, while the authors did not.

These ironic vagaries are no way to "Promote progress"

.002

"Copyright for 28 years, period."