Re: [dvd-discuss] Elcomsoft case

Also of interest is Declan's piece: "   Wal-Mart backs away from DMCA claim"

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-976296.html?tag=fd_top

Stephen L Johnson <sjohnson@monsters.org>

12/06/2002 10:20 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss

        To:        dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [dvd-discuss] Elcomsoft case

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 11:20, Tim Neu wrote:
> Has anyone been following the Elcomsoft case?
>
> I would love to hear how it is going from someone who has been able to
> attend...   I don't see any updates for that case on the EFF website since
> February or so.
> I'm also hoping the transcripts of the Elcomsoft case are posted soon.  :-(

There's been a couple of stories (including today) on news.cnet.com
about the case. One thing from todays story seems strange. Rather can
calling Dimitry to the stand, the government showed a video deposition
from last year. Weird! He came back to the US to testify as a part of
his deal for his criminal charges to be dropped.