Re: [dvd-discuss] "limited times" selectively the gov't "gets it"

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 10:40, John Zulauf wrote:
> The AARP angle is an interesting one.  Certainly the content of the
> AARP's youth is being held hostage.  The AARP demographic is the least
> likely to be online, and the publication of 40's and 50's music has been
> relegated to the "Time-Life Series" 19.99/disc.  BTW the quality of the
> releases is often terrible, as their is no benefit to restoring them,
> and no competitive product against which quality can be judged.

If you ask my 17yo daughter for her favorite musicians,
she'll tell you Glenn Miller, Simon, and Garfinkle.
She's taking an interest in the music *I* grew up with
now, but it's not at all easy to get it for her.

FWIW, Janis Ian is now on the list.  She won't give me
the CD I recently bought back.

--
| The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. |
| Because the slow, feeble old codgers like me cheat.                |