Re: [dvd-discuss] Sklyarov denied Visa to return to US for trial.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think this proves that this case is not
about intellectual property, but about the PR battle to make
Skylarov an example of some kind.  It also shows how the public
can lose because of the suppression of First Amendment rights in
the name of protecting intellectual property.  To my mind, this also
shows how the U.S. Constitution is being progressively subverted by
commercial interests.

Denying Skylarov a visa is proof that the United States no longer
stands for freedom in the intellectual realm.  This can only cause
us to become a third world country intellectually, a place where
U.S. computer scientists are deprived of the insight they would
otherwise obtain from international experts.  It is a bad day
for intellectual freedom in this country.  It is also
a bad day for U.S. computer security, because the United States will
be deprived of the insight of experts like Skylarov.  In 2002, George
Orwell's 1984 has finally arrived.

Regards,

Glendon M. Gross