Re: [dvd-discuss] CA Supreme Court hears Pavlovich Jurisdiction Challenge in DVDCCA case

On 9 Sep 2002 at 14:03, James S. Tyre wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:03:27 -0700
To:             	DVD-Discuss <dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu>
From:           	"James S. Tyre" <jstyre@jstyre.com>
Subject:        	Re: [dvd-discuss] CA Supreme Court hears Pavlovich
 	Jurisdiction Challenge in DVDCCA case

> Seth Schoen, who went to the thing, has some observations on the hearing in his
> blog, which he prefers to call a diary.
>
> http://vitanuova.loyalty.org/2002-09-08.html
>
> Seth, you look *way* too respectable in a suit and tie.  ;-)

But did you notice he's having trouble adjusting the tie..well....it comes with
practice..so Jim....when was your last "bad tie day"...mine was two weeks
ago...I couldn't get the blasted lengths right after 5 tries. Now doing it at
stop lights in Orange county may have had something to do with it...

> You also have one minor mistake, "Anyway, the California Supreme Court sits in
> San Francisco, not Sacramento ...."  The court spends most of its time in the SF
> digs, but it also has courthouses in Sacramento and L.A.  Absent emergency
> circumstances, usually it will hear arguments in the courthouse closest to the
> county in which the case originated.

How interesting....I'm glad that somebody in Ca. thought that one out...not
that a Hotel in LA is any cheaper for someone from San Diego than Sacramento..