Re: [dvd-discuss] Geeks in government: A good idea?

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Noah silva wrote:
> Actually... I can.
>
> As for losing the rights to sell players in the US... make a shell company
> that makes the CSS free players...

Well, I was oversimplifying.  You can't buy one that was made that way by a
Western manufacturer.  People can modify them, but you can't walk into a
store and find that most of the players on the shelf work that way.  Modified
players are specialty items, and even then, most of the easily modified players
are based in Asia where the companies are hard to sue.