Re: [dvd-discuss] Copyright term only increased twice

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 19:23, microlenz@earthlink.net wrote:
> On 8 Aug 2002 at 13:44, Bryan Taylor wrote:

> > This argument proves what it intends to refute: Congress has made it clear that
> > it will not allow any more works to enter the public domain.
>
> Excellent point. THey continued to make a bunch of little changes - NINE. to
> prevent what would have happened in the course of events (certainly, Hemingway
> or Fitzgerald would not even know or care)  I think that just about
> demonstrates the contempt Congress has for the public domain...

In all seriousness, I propose that we back legislation that
takes their "some copyright good, more better" argument to
its logical conclusion: a retroactive extension to 1789.

--
| May I have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, |
|  the strength to change the things I cannot accept, and the   |