From: Ernest Miller [mailto:ernest.miller@aya.yale.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 11:29 AM
To: dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] [Off-topic] Eldred v. Ashcroft.

The argument isn't specious that way.  There are many unpublished works
(in archives and collections, for example) that people have access to,
but wouldn't be able to quote due to copyright.

I believe the argument is wrong because common law perpetual copyright
for unpublished works is unconstitutional.  No law can say that some
expressions are forever outside the public domain.