Re: [dvd-discuss] Copyright ranges

On Monday 05 August 2002 11:34 am, you wrote:

> Unfortunately, we still won't have access to Windows 95 source code in
> 2090 because there is no requirement for MS to release the source (as
> opposed to the executable).
>
> Not to mention the anti-source code bill to be passed by Sen. Eisner in
> 2004 which, for national security reasons of course, prohibits access to
> all source code except for properly licensed and government monitored
> businesses.

Not that the code would be good for anything but a laugh. There will be few
if any computers around that will run it and Microsoft(tm) would just say it
no longer has the source. It's sad that I can almost see something like this
going thru Congress tacked on a medicare bill by congressman M. Mouse. Maybe
Ben "Cooter" Jones* will win his bid for Congress get drunk and kick
Hollins's butt.

Back to practicing my Russian just in case.

Das Vadanya,
Ronald

*For all the non-USians out there,  Ben Jones played the mechanic 'Cooter' on
The Dukes of Hazzard TV show  in 1979-1985. He is running for Congress
http://www.cootersplace.com .