RE: [dvd-discuss] Movie Downloads, automatically illegal?

Well, that's different.   Your DVD, your laptop.  That's
standard space-shifting & has been previously acknowledged
as a fair use for other media (e.g. CD->cassette).

Downloading over the internet, you're probably _not_ copying
from your own DVD.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!